Union Minister for Hotel & Tourism, Union Minister for Immigration & Population welcomed the meeting attendance, explained and introduced the process of E-visa system for the convenience of the visitors to Myanmar. Visitors from 41 countries currently can apply the visa through http://www.myanmar .gov.mm/. The followings are the facts available on the website and below for your reference.
1. Tourist visa issued with E-Visa system will be launched at 06:00 on 1st September 2014
3. The application procedures:
(a) Passport validity must have at least (6) months.
(b) Need to present one color photo (4cm X 6cm) taking during (3)months and return ticket.
(c) Length of stay is (28) days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
(d) To pay application fee, US$ 50 by using Visa, Master, Credit/Debit.
(e) The Visa fees will not refund whether E-Visa is granted or not.
(f) The acknowledge mail will revert within (1) hour of application.
(g) The processing time is maximum (5) working days for granting E-Visa or not.
(h) The validity of E-Visa approval latter is (3) months from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
4. If the applicant has children under (7) years old who accompany with him or her, need to mention the name of that child, date of birth in the minor block of the application form.
5. The applicant should complete individual personal data whether passenger is FIT or package tour.
6. Duration of visa validity you can only use single entry. Do not allow to enter again. (Not for Multiple entries)
7. For initial, passengers with E-Visa are only permitted to enter at Yangon International Airport. Will announce the extended plan on time.
8. If the decision is not allowed to enter, you may return by the same flight. (The black list of Myanmar will be checked before granted the visa, however, Immigration personnel will check the INTERPOL black list on arrival and if someone would be in the list, they have to return by the same flight)
9. Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are giving visa exemption for 14 days-
The following (24) countries have been added from 02/October/2014:
|No.||Country Name||No.||Country Name|
10.The following (43) countries are granted E-Visa for initial
|19.||Japan||42.||United State of America|
11.Passports holder from the following countries and Taiwan are eligible to apply Tourist E-Visa:
|No.||Country Name||No.||Country Name||No.||Country||No.||Country Name|
|20.||Colombia||45.||Israel||70.||New zeland||95.||United Kingdom|
|21.||Costa Rica||46.||Italy||71.||Norway||96.||United States of America|
Visa On arrival (Pre-arranged)
The option to apply Pre-arranged Tourist Visa on Arrival through Ministry of Tourism ceased to exist and the travelers from countries outside of 100-EVISA-Countries have to apply at the nearest Myanmar Embassy of their own country.
A visa is required in advance for a visit to Myanmar and can be obtained from any Myanmar Embassy or Consulate world-wide. Myanmar Tourist visa are valid for a stay of up to 28 days (4 weeks Visa).
Myanmar E-Visa at Yangon & Mandalay International Airport
Visitors from 100 countries currently can apply for E-Visa.
- The application procedures:
- E-Visa Online System is currently only available to Tourists for Tourism purpose only.
- You will need the following before you apply.
- Your passport validity must have at least (6) months.
- You have to upload one COLOR PHOTO (4.8 cm X 3.8 cm) taking during last (3) months.
- You will need your Visa, Master or American Express credit cards for the payment of USD 50.
- Visa processing information
- The validity of E-Visa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
- Length of stay is (28) days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
- E-Visa service is nonrefundable.
- You will receive an email acknowledgement within 1 hour after successful payment.
- The processing time is up to (3) working days.
- If the applicant has child (ren) under (7) years old on the same passport, you have to put the name of that child, date of birth in the minor section of the application form.
- E-Visa is currently only available to TOURISTS seeking entry into Myanmar. If you are seeking entry for business, meetings, seminars purposes please apply at a Myanmar embassy in your respective country or ask your business partner to send you an Invitation Letter to apply for “Business Visa On Arrival”.
- Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest house and resort during your stay in Myanmar.
- The applicant should complete individual personal data whether passenger is FIT or package tour.
- E-Visa is a only valid for a single entry. Re-entry will require a new visa.
- Currently passengers with E-Visa are only permitted to enter via Yangon International Airport, Nay Pyi Taw International. Airport and Mandalay International Airport. We will announce other port of entry in due course.
- If you are visiting Myanmar via cruise, please contact your tour agent for Pre-arrangement Visa on Arrival. You will not be able to use E-Visa to enter Myanmar via seaport.
- For more information please go to www.evisa. Moip.gov.mm
- Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are giving visa exemption for 14 days-
- Brunei Philippines
- Cambodia Thailand (Three International Airports Only)
- Indonesia Viet Nam
- The following (32) countries are permitted to apply E-Visa from 02/January/2015.
- Albania Costa Rica 15. Guatemala 22. Kyrgyzstan 29. Uganda
- Algeria Cote d’lvoire 16. Guinea 23. Maldive 30. Ukraine
- Belarus Ecuador 17. Iceland 24. Mauritius 31. Uruguay
- Bhutan Eritrea 18. Jamaica 25. Monaco 32. Uzbekistan
- Bolivia Fiji 19. Jordan 26. Qatar
- Bosnia Georgia 20. Kazakhstan 27. Qatar
- Cameroon Ghana 21. Kenya 28. South Africa